For over fifty years, SCOTT SHAW! has been writing and drawing allegedly funny stuff for mainstream comics sold on spinner racks (including Sonic the Hedgehog, Captain Carrot and The Simpsons), underground comix sold in head shops — and almost everything in between. Finally, here’s the first collection starring the award-winning cartoonist’s most notorious characters (including Scott himself!), with over 200 pages of offbeat stories, plus surprises and silliness from the depths of his archives!
- Paperback : 335 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1949996581
- ISBN-13 : 978-1949996586
- Item Weight : 1.5 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.44 x 0.76 x 9.69 inches
- Cover price: US$30
Order now from Amazon!
There’s a hero. He saves the day. But what effect does he have on everyone else’s life?
This is the book where you never see the hero. It isn’t about him. These are the tales of the man on the street, the cop on the beat, the dreamers and schemers and even the kid playing with a doll of the hero. One person can change the world for so many…
This is a complete collection of the series that got Nat Gertler the first of his Eisner Award nominations. Over 20 short stories in all adding up to one full graphic novel, with a range of artists including Huntress co-creator Joe Staton, children’s book creator Adam Rex, mini-comics king Matt Feazell, crime novelist Alex Grecian, and Eisner- and LA Times Book Prize-winning graphic novelist Carla Speed McNeil.
- “Exposure”, art by Adam Rex & Paul Whitehead
- “Arms and the Man”, art by Janine Johnston
- “Protection”, art by Alex Grecian
- “To Serve and Protect”, art by Jim Schumaker & Bradley Walton
- “Da-Daba-Dumma-Dum-Da-Data”, art by Joe Staton
- “Escalation”, art by Alex Grecian
- “Telephone for the ‘90s”, art by Nat Gertler
- “Commute”, art by Mike Vosburg
- “Da Oudda-Towners”, art by Matt Feazell
- “Disagreement”, art by John Drury
- “In Need”, art by Tom Luth
- “Clothes Making”, art by Carla Speed McNeil
- “Essay”, art by Rich Johnston
- “The Green Diamond Protocol”, art by Carlos Saldaña
- “Dull Summer Day”, art by Paul Whitehead
- “The Limits of the Lawyer”, art by Ted Slampyak
- “Direction”, art by Mark Lewis
- “Action”, art by Jim Schumaker & Bradley Walton
- “I am the Factor”, art by Justine Shaw
- “I am Too the Factor”, art by Rich Johnston
- “I am the Factoy”, art by Rusty Haller
- “News Carrier”, art by Jim Wheelock
- “At Joe’s Lunch Stop”, art by Jason Whitley
- “Friday Morning, 11:47 AM”, art by Justine Shaw
- Paperback : 127 pages, black and white
- ISBN-10 : 194999645X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1949996456
- Item Weight : 10.9 ounces
- Dimensions : 7 x 0.29 x 10 inches
Working on comic art since the early 1980s, Bernie Mireault has created numerous short stories that are collected for the first time here and presented with notes on story provenance and art production along with various strips and illustrations.
While greatly influenced by the North American mainstream superhero comic book tradition, Mireault is also attracted to the North American underground, European and Japanese comic art, all of which are combined in his approach to storytelling. The stories presented here were all created in perfect creative freedom and free of interference. Included in this collection are the first four stories to feature Mireault’s best-known character, “The Jam,” the original comics being hard to find.
List Price: $19.99
7″ x 10″
Black & White Bleed on White paper
BISAC: Comics & Graphic Novels / Anthologies